Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Loss which filled me with knowledge!

This year, my father left his body, his presence on my life left an permanent impression on my mind. This event opened a bundle of encyclopedias in front of my eyes as flowers bloom in spring, telling me 'what life is all about'.

What I see now is crystal clear water, earlier which used to be a misty dark scene. I am deep down in water - breathless.

Absolute changeless permanent reality, the unconditioned, itself alone is, all else has always been, is, and always will be just a state of make-believe fiction, a state of delusion worn like a costume with multiple fabricated viewpoints, with each self-sustaining itself in a self-perpetuated state of self-ignorance, until each decides to come to closure through self-enlightenment and self-awakening

things are created, they are inherently subject to decay, and then finally, they are dissolved again

(now... say to yourself the following)

all that is created is impermanent, subject to alteration and change, and being such, all impermanent things are inherently a state of ill-being.this being so, it is not fitting to say that which is ill that am I, that is mine, that is my self.

do I understand? every iota of everything is just make-believe fiction and none of it exists in truth and when this is seen as the way things truly are then that is the end of all anguish and the end of the continuation of what never existed in truth to begin with

-Essence Buddha's Teachings

1 comment:

Singing Cactus said...

Right! Well life and things and plants and animals all die. But they don't go away. Your father is still alive in your mind since you are conditioned that way. But you feel how much or to what extend his life was conditioned is a mere guess. what if he was conditioned to live forever. How do you know the parameters of the machine especially since you are a machine.
I'm a being and i use machines. i know.

Live Traffic Feed